Saturday, January 2, 2010

Contemplating 2009


It is the time of year when we think about the past and plan for the future. All my life I have had a plan - for each day, week, month, and year. Oddly, my current reality is nothing like anything I ever imagined. 2009 was the year that I came to grips with my new reality - one that I had not planned - I am a creative person that I did not know existed and learning so many new things. Sometimes it is exhilarating and sometimes it is so frustrating when my brain just won't work the way I want it to.

New Year's day I was watching "Marley and Me" and Owen Wilson lamented to his editor that his plan was to be a reporter not a columnist. The editor told him "sometimes life comes up with a better idea." As I sit here with tears rolling down my face I am so glad "life had a better idea." I have many exciting things "planned" for 2010 - an internship, an design contest, new classes, perfecting my drafting and drawing skills and guess what - I am leaving one door opened for the unknown.............imagine that!!

1 comment:

  1. Your health is your most valuable possession, deserving of your utmost attention and care. Start by prioritizing healthy lifestyle choices, such as maintaining a balanced diet, engaging in regular exercise, and managing stress effectively. Additionally, ensure you get enough sleep each night to support your body's natural healing processes. Don't forget to schedule regular check-ups with your healthcare provider and address any concerns promptly. Your well-being is worth the effort. Visit https://foresthillsaudiology.com/ to explore more resources on maintaining optimal health.

    ReplyDelete