Follow by Email

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Contemplating 2009


It is the time of year when we think about the past and plan for the future. All my life I have had a plan - for each day, week, month, and year. Oddly, my current reality is nothing like anything I ever imagined. 2009 was the year that I came to grips with my new reality - one that I had not planned - I am a creative person that I did not know existed and learning so many new things. Sometimes it is exhilarating and sometimes it is so frustrating when my brain just won't work the way I want it to.

New Year's day I was watching "Marley and Me" and Owen Wilson lamented to his editor that his plan was to be a reporter not a columnist. The editor told him "sometimes life comes up with a better idea." As I sit here with tears rolling down my face I am so glad "life had a better idea." I have many exciting things "planned" for 2010 - an internship, an design contest, new classes, perfecting my drafting and drawing skills and guess what - I am leaving one door opened for the unknown.............imagine that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment